How long does a creditor have to file a bill in a probate case? (Statement of Claim)

You may review Florida Statute 733.705 regarding payment and Statement of Claims.

The clerk's office will accept the filing of your Statement of Claim at anytime - it is however up to the Court to determine if the claim has been timely filed.

Statement of Claim forms are available on our website at follow the "Court Services" link and then select the probate box. 

A filing fee is not assessed for this type of filing

If you are unsure if a Statement of Claim is proper we recommend you seek the advice of an attorney.

Was this article helpful?

Can't find what you're looking for?

Our award-winning customer care team is here for you.

Contact Support