Can I contest a parking ticket? What if I cannot attend the hearing for my parking ticket? Can I pay for my parking ticket over the phone? How can I file my Written Plea of Not Guilty?

Can I contest a parking ticket? 

Yes, you may contest a parking ticket by completing the following steps: 

Complete a Not Guilty Plea and submit it along with a copy of the citation to our office. This form is available on the clerk's website at  > Court Services > Traffic Tickets scroll down to traffic forms - Not Guilty Plea.  Or you can come into the office and fill out a Not Guilty Plea.

Completing a Not Guilty Plea will prompt a hearing before the court.

You may submit your Not Guilty Plea via fax, US Mail or Hand delivery.  

What if I cannot attend the hearing on my parking ticket?

If you are unable to attend the hearing, you may type or handwrite an Affidavit of Defense.  This will serve as your appearance at the designated court date.  The affidavit must be notarized and you may attach any photos or documentation to support your defense. 

Can I pay my parking ticket over the telephone?

Yes, you have the following payment options:

  • Pay in person at our Customer Service department(s) located at 101 East James Lee Blvd. in Crestview, FL or 1940 Lewis Turner Blvd in Fort Walton Beach, FL.  
  • Pay by phone via nCourt- 1 (855) 893-7926 using a MasterCard, Visa, Discover, and American Express.
  • Send a cashier’s check or money order by mail to the Clerk's office, payable to "Clerk of Court".
  • Pay online via nCourt Pay Online

Was this article helpful?

Can't find what you're looking for?

Our award-winning customer care team is here for you.

Contact Support