How do I dismiss a small claims case?

If you are pro se and the plaintiff in the case, you may file a Notice of Voluntary Dismissal or a Request for Dismissal.  The request for dismissal is available on our website.  

Upon filing of your dismissal request or voluntary dismissal, the intake clerk will prepare an order to dismiss for the Judge's review.  

If/When the Judge enters an Order of Dismissal, the case will be closed and hearing events will be cancelled at that time.

NOTE:  Respondent's may also file a Request for Dismissal for judicial review.

Was this article helpful?

Can't find what you're looking for?

Our award-winning customer care team is here for you.

Contact Support