Someone with the same name as me has a final judgment against them, what do I do to prove it is not me?

If you have been notified by a creditor that there is a final judgment against a party with your name but you believe it is for another individual, you will need to identify the case number for which the judgment was issued.  Once we have a case number, then you can file a notarized statement with your signature that the Judge will review.  You may also want to include a copy of valid photo identification so that the Judge may verify other personal identifiers.  Ultimately, the Judge would respond with an order indicating his or her decision.  

Was this article helpful?

Can't find what you're looking for?

Our award-winning customer care team is here for you.

Contact Support