How do I get a passport for my child when the other parent is out of town?

The absent parent must complete a parental consent form (DS-3053), have it notarized and provide a copy of their driver's license (front & back).  The form can be obtained  at the clerk's office or via the website. The clerk's office is unable to sign this document as deputy clerk, it must be notarized.

Other documents needed: Birth Certificate, passport photo, both parents (or consent) and child must be present, DS-11 form and payment (2 separate payments must be made: 1)to our office in the form of a cashier's check 2) to the U.S. Dept. of State)                           

For more information visit click official records and follow the passport link.

Was this article helpful?

Can't find what you're looking for?

Our award-winning customer care team is here for you.

Contact Support