Work Permits for Minors

Work Permit (Minors Not in the Entertainment Industry)

"Work Permits" and/or "Working Papers" are not required in Florida and are not issued by either schools or a governmental agency in Florida. Unfortunately, many popular teen employers use applications with the request "If you are under 18, can you supply a Work Permit?" These applications are being used for businesses that have operations in other states that do require Work Permits. The question is not applicable in Florida. 

Application Requirements:

  • APPLICATION: Unlike many states, Florida does not require minors to be issued "Work Permits". No application exists. However, Florida requires employers in the entertainment industry to be permitted prior to employing minors. If you are an employer and want to learn more about permitting requirements for minors in the entertainment industry, go to Entertainment Industry.
  • INSTRUCTIONS:  Apply Options are not available.
  • OTHER STATES: If you are interested in working in another state, you will need to comply with the permitting requirements for that state. Through the Interstate Labor Standards Association (ILSA), you can locate child labor professionals who may be able to help.
  • MORE INFORMATION: Learn more about the child labor limitations (use the back button or arrow to return to this page). If you need additional assistance, please call 1.800.226.2536.

Was this article helpful?

Can't find what you're looking for?

Our award-winning customer care team is here for you.

Contact Support