How do I find unclaimed property?

You may contact the Department of Financial Services (DFS) in Tallahassee. Telephone: 850-413-2014 Website:

The clerk's office sends a report to DFS every year by April 1st, at that time all funds are turned over to DFS and are no longer available through our office.

If funds have not yet been turned over to DFS, you may file a motion to have the funds released. If the funds you are seeking are surplus from a foreclosure case, you may obtain the form in our self-help packages via the link on our home screen.

A $50 reopen fee may be assessed unless you have been appointed the Surplus Trustee in the case you are seeking the funds from.

Was this article helpful?

Can't find what you're looking for?

Our award-winning customer care team is here for you.

Contact Support