Can I file a written plea of not guilty if the time to pay my citation/ticket has passed?

Yes, within 6 months from the date of issuance of the citation/ticket.

To file a written plea when the citation is overdue, you will be required to pay the D6/late fees. (Civil infractions ONLY) 

A hearing can not be set on your not guilty plea without the suspension (D6) fees first being paid.

Once you have filed your written plea of not guilty, you will be notified via email (if provided) or US mail of your hearing date. NOTE:  These case types are heard once per month, therefore it may be 2-3 months before your hearing is scheduled.

Was this article helpful?

Can't find what you're looking for?

Our award-winning customer care team is here for you.

Contact Support