Do I need a permit to get married on the beach?

Okaloosa County beach use is overseen by the Okaloosa County Parks Division (850) 689-5790.

A permit is needed for any event held on the beach. The permit takes time and must be approved by the Board of County Commissioners. The access ways and beach accesses on Okaloosa Island (officially, Santa Rosa Island) are clearly marked. 

Please be aware that access to the beach on Federal land (military-owned, and the National Seashore) is clearly marked with signs regulating access. Please adhere to the posted signage.

Properly Certified Service animals are always welcomed on the beach. Pets are not allowed.

Was this article helpful?

Can't find what you're looking for?

Our award-winning customer care team is here for you.

Contact Support