How do I become a Premarital Course Provider?

The person must be qualified as one of the following:

1. A psychologist licensed under chapter 490

2. A clinical social worker licensed under chapter 491

3. A marriage and family therapist licensed under chapter 491

4. A mental health counselor licensed under chapter 491

5. An official representative of a religious institution which is recognized under 496.404(19), if the representative has relevant training.

6. Any other provider designated by a judicial circuit, including, but not limited to , school counselors who are certified to offer such courses. Each judicial circuit may establish a roster of area providers, including those who offer the course on a sliding fee scale or for free.

The person must complete a premarital course provider affidavit (policy 6309), have it notarized, and file it with the Clerk of Court.

Was this article helpful?

Can't find what you're looking for?

Our award-winning customer care team is here for you.

Contact Support