How do I elect to attend a driver improvement course for my citation?
This election is for moving traffic citations not requiring mandatory court appearance (i.e. speeding in excess of 30 MPH). You may not elect to attend driver improvement school for any violation if you hold a commercial driver's license (CDL).
* Traffic school option must be elected with 30 days of receiving the citation. Option no longer available after 30 days.
* You may elect this option no more than once every 12 months and no more than 5 times in a lifetime.
* You may appear in person at the customer service division to make this election or you may make the election by paying your citation online via nCourt or by calling our third party vendor nCourt at 1-855-893-7926.
* If you choose to make this election by mail, you must complete and submit the Traffic Citation Options Form along with the payment for court costs within 30 days from the date of your citation. If you qualify to attend the course and choose this option, the required amount you must pay within 30 days of the offense date will differ from the amount listed as the civil penalty.
* You may contact the Customer Service Division at 850-651-7200 or 850-689-5000 for the amount of court cost due.
* You will be given 90 days to complete a Florida approved basic driver improvement course and provide the completion certificate to the Clerk's office. The 90 days begin on the date the school is elected and payment is processed. You may submit the certificate of completion by email to firstname.lastname@example.org; hand-deliver or submit via US mail to the Clerk of Circuit Court at 101 E James Lee Blvd. Crestview FL 32536 or 1940 Lewis Turner Blvd. Fort Walton Beach FL 32547.
* You may receive mail from private improvement schools or you may contact local schools listed in the phone directory under "Traffic School" or "Driving Instruction". Additional information may also be found on the website for Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles.