What is a Motion for Contempt? And how do I file? Is there a fee?

A Motion for Contempt is filed when one of the parties to a case is not abiding by or following a court order or judgment. The purpose of the Motion is to ask for a hearing. 

You may obtain the "Motion for Civil Contempt Enforcement Packet" free of charge from our website, www.okaloosaclerk.com by clicking on self-help center/packages. The packet may also be purchased at either of the clerk's office locations for $4.95.  

A reopen fee is NOT assessed on a motion for contempt.  If a hearing is scheduled, service will need to be obtained upon the opposing party. You may serve the other party by Sheriff service or Private Process server. The exact fees for serving the opposing party should be obtained from the serving agency.

Was this article helpful?

Can't find what you're looking for?

Our award-winning customer care team is here for you.

Contact Support