Can I see if someone has applied for a passport?

The clerk cannot give out information regarding who has applied for a passport.

Passport applications for minors, under the age of 16, will not be accepted without both parents being present at the time of application or a signed and notarized DS-3053 form explaining why one parent is unable to be there.

If the child is 16-17 years old and has their own identification document (ID), they may apply for a passport on their own. 

However, we strongly recommend that at least one parent accompany a minor to show parental awareness. 

Examples of Parental Awareness: A parent appearing with you in person when you apply for your passport or a signed statement consenting to issuance of a passport from at least one parent (should be accompanied by a photocopy of that parent’s ID).  If you do not have a current ID, you must show at least one parent knows that you are applying for a passport.

Payment to the State for a minor 16-17 years of age must be made by a parent or legal guardian's check. 

If a minor has/had a previous passport they must apply utilizing the DS-11 form (as if applying for the first time). A prior passport may be used as proof of citizenship in addition to the birth certificate.

Any concerns that a form may have been forged to apply for the minor's passport without your consent should be directed to the Regional Passport Agency.  Their number is 877-487-2778.

Was this article helpful?

Can't find what you're looking for?

Our award-winning customer care team is here for you.

Contact Support