How do I apply for or renew a passport (adult or minor)?

You will need the following to obtain a new passport:

A completed DS-11 application (in black ink only).  Applications are available online at`

A new passport photo & Valid Photo ID. Effective March 26, 2019, passport photos may be obtained at both of the Clerk of Court offices.  

The fee for this service is $15 and two photos will be provided. Photo services may also be obtained at some local pharmacies (CVS, Walgreens & Walmart).

Proof of citizenship (original or certified birth certificate, previous passport, Certificate of Naturalization or Citizenship). Originals are submitted to the Department of State with your application and will be returned to you via US mail from the Department of State.

Two payments as follows:

Check or money order payable to US Department of State for appropriate fees. Please review the fees on our website at  NOTE: If you are completing multiple passport applications for different family members the US Department of State payments must be made in separate payments even when applications are submitted together. 

Clerk's processing fees, $35.00 (for routine processing) plus $0.15 per copy for copies of IDs & proof of citizenship, payable by cash, card or certified funds. NOTE: If you are completing multiple passport applications for different family members you may pay the clerk's fees via one combined payment (no personal checks).

Passports are processed until 4:30 pm Monday - Friday at either location. No appointment is required.

Minor Passports:

Bring Birth Certificate of minor(s), passport photos, both parents and child must be present, DS-11 form and payment.

Any child under the age of 16 both parents are required to appear along with minor. 

If the child is 16-17 years old and has their own identification document (ID), they may apply for a passport on their own. 

However, we strongly recommend that at least one parent accompany a minor to show parental awareness. 

Examples of Parental Awareness: A parent appearing with you in person when you apply for your passport A signed statement consenting to issuance of a passport from at least one parent (should be accompanied by a photocopy of that parent’s ID).If you do not have a current ID, you must show at least one parent knows that you are applying for a passport.)

Payment to the State for a minor 16-17 years of age must be made by a parent or legal guardian's check. 

If a minor has/had a previous passport they must apply utilizing the DS-11 form (as if applying for the first time). Prior passport may be used as proof of citizenship in addition to the birth certificate.

Renew Passport/Change of Information Passport:

Passports are valid for 10 years for adults and 5 years for a minor. Unless the passport has limitations that have been set by the Department of State.

***Our office does not process renewals, they are processed directly with Department of State*** 

If the passport is expired and has been expired less than 5 years you must renew through the mail utilizing form: DS-82. The form may be obtained by visiting

Passports that have been expired more than 5 years  can be done in our office as they are treated as a new passport. (I.D./previous passport/application/new passport picture and two separate payments-see above).

If an expired passport holder is still a minor a DS-11 form should be completed and processed as if a brand new passport is being applied for - this may be accomplished in the Clerks office.

If a passport holder is married they may submit form DS-5504 with a certified copy of their marriage license within a year to record the name change at no charge.

For further information on passports please contact our office at 850-651-7200 or 850-689-5000 or visit the website.

Status of Passport Applications:

The status of your passport application may be obtained by visiting the website.

Power of Attorney

Power of attorney will not qualify for the application of a passport.  See above requirements.

Was this article helpful?

Can't find what you're looking for?

Our award-winning customer care team is here for you.

Contact Support