Can I get a writ of possession on a property I purchased through a foreclosure?

Yes, you may obtain a writ of possession by filing a motion to the court. The clerk's office does not have the necessary paperwork to complete this action. If 90 days have passed since the original closing order and/or 30 days from the last closing order a $50 reopen fee will be applicable.

You must wait until 10 days after the certificate of title is issued to request a writ of possession.  

Once the clerk receives an order directing issuance, you may provide the clerk with a writ for issuance.  There is no fee for the issuance of the writ, however you should check with the Sheriff's department for applicable service fees.

Was this article helpful?

Can't find what you're looking for?

Our award-winning customer care team is here for you.

Contact Support