I am a service member who is actively deployed and need to request a stay on a civil case; how can I do this?

The Soldiers' and Sailors' Civil Relief Act of 1940 and the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA) of 2003 protect the rights of deployed individuals in civil judicial proceedings.  See https://www.justice.gov/servicemembers/servicemembers-civil-relief-act-scra for more information.

To prevent an action from proceeding in court without an actively deployed service member being able to appear in order to represent his/her interests, the service member should file documentation indicating that he/she is deployed.  It is recommended that this document be on the letterhead of the division in which the person is enlisted and should also record the date of his/her return to the US.  

This document may be e-filed using www.myflcourtaccess.com  

Was this article helpful?

Can't find what you're looking for?

Our award-winning customer care team is here for you.

Contact Support