How can a Subpoena/Summons be delivered/served? The Subpoena/summons came back un-served what do I need to do to cancel the court date? Do you have a list of process servers?

An issued Subpoena or Summons may be served by either the sheriff or a private process server.

A return of Summons or Subpoena un-served will not automatically cancel a hearing.

If you wish to cancel a hearing you may file a Notice of Cancellation of Hearing (for civil cases). Additionally, a motion may be filed to reschedule or continue the hearing.  Proposed orders should be submitted as per OCAD 2016-04.

NOTE: There may be circumstances when these steps are not an appropriate form. The clerk's office cannot advise on the legal process - you may wish to seek the advice of an attorney before proceeding. 

Process Servers:

You may review a list of process servers by following the link below:

Was this article helpful?

Can't find what you're looking for?

Our award-winning customer care team is here for you.

Contact Support