Can I get a copy of my expunged/sealed record?

All records expunged or sealed pursuant to Rule 3.692 will remain confidential and exempt from release except by order of the court. Deputy clerks will not acknowledge the existence of an expunged case. 

Criminal cases sealed pursuant to this rule will display case number only to users of electronic access.

To obtain copies from an expunged or sealed record,  a motion must be filed with the court.

    Exception: The petitioner or petitioner's attorney may request certified copies during the immediate 30 day period following rendition of the order.  Appropriate charges will be assessed. We are unable to confirm or infer that a case exists once it has been sealed or expunged. Motions should just be addressed to "the court" or to "Judge".

Was this article helpful?

Can't find what you're looking for?

Our award-winning customer care team is here for you.

Contact Support