My house sold at foreclosure for more than the Judgment amount - what happens to the overage?

Surplus amounts are held in the court registry and cannot be released without a court order. Surplus amounts relating to foreclosure case(s) may be requested after the certificate of disbursements is docketed in the case.

You may file a claim for surplus funds.  The forms are currently available in the clerk's office and may be emailed to you upon request. 

A $50 reopen will be assessed if 90 days from date of original disposition or 30 days from date of last closing order have lapsed.

Was this article helpful?

Can't find what you're looking for?

Our award-winning customer care team is here for you.

Contact Support