I have been ordered to pay restitution, where can I pay?

Restitution may be paid to the Probation office.  If you are not on active probation you may pay the victim (unless you have a no contact order), be sure to obtain proof of payment.

If you do not have an attorney and have paid a victim directly, you MUST show proof of payment to the State Attorney or bring to your next scheduled hearing.

EXCEPTION:  Juvenile cases with a case designation of CJ, restitution should be made to the clerk's office via certified funds, and must include an additional fee of $3.50 per case for processing. Payment in juvenile cases may be made by third party, however, no information can or will be provided other than receipt of payment.

Was this article helpful?

Can't find what you're looking for?

Our award-winning customer care team is here for you.

Contact Support